Feb 26, 2011

My previous [ home ]


The Legendary Backyard

I was part of the so called kampung boy clan living inside a shared rented shop lot until I turned 7. The front part of the lot belongs to a motorcycle mechanic (my godfather) where he runs his business there. Another small family took the 2nd floor, where else my family of 6 fit into a small air-conditional room at the ground floor. We all share one common living room, a bathroom (no shitting allowed), kitchen or anything else in the house. Just right above the washing area, the roof can be open or closed to allow the sunlight in. There's also a backyard behind shared by another two neighbouring house. The toilet for BIG business is at the end of the backyard next to a giant steel door. Yes, the only shitting toilet is for all to share.

Not sure what are those...

Surprisingly most memories I can remember are all happy ones. Every single kid around the kampung area were friends. There's not much of you or me, its all about us. No computer, no money, no toys. Just us making pranks, creating new games with anything we have, chasing each other, or trying to be wannabe gangster. Too many memorable incident I need to put them in documentary. But maybe next time.

*Really nice looking back and paying a visit to some old kampung mates once every Chinese New Year. Real gald that my old atap made home are still standing too. =)

No comments: